Am now in UK for one week for my nephew Robin's wedding. His fiancee Rayhan is the most wonderful girl, and the whole family loves her. I'll be back in DC on 1st June 09.
When I'm in DC I occasionally go to see Jerry in his permanent care facility but it's very painful since he doesn't understand why he can't go home, and keeps saying he isn't happy there, and asks the same questions at one-minute intervals, no matter how carefully I've answered them. Alzheimer's is the most terrible disease. It scarcely means much that I cared for him for a mere three years, when there are countless people who have had to do so for a lot longer.
On a lighter note, I am doing a little volunteer work at Bonnie's theatre, Imagination Stage. Full-time work is difficult to get these days of course. I'll stop now, my great-nephew wants the computer to play a game on!
No comments:
Post a Comment